Monday, May 17, 2010

8 Reasons Why I Think You Should Go To Brazilian BBQ

So as some of you might know I went to San Diego this past weekend. Others of you might be thinking "what the heck? why didn't she tell me?" but it was only a weekend trip so I tried not making such a big deal about it.

Anyways one of the restaurants we went to was
Rei Do Gado, which is a Brazilian barbecue place, and after the experience I've come up with the following reasons to go to Brazilian BBQ:
  1. Gauchos bring meat to you continuously - and on swords!
  2. You get your own set of tongs to grab the meat as they slice if off for you
  3. Exotic meats such as hump of the brahman bull - granted when they told me it was hump of the brahmen bull I thought the server was saying braminbal. Since I didn't know what that is I thought it was camel, because what other animal has a hump? We eventually figured it out and it was pretty delicious
  4. Grilled chicken hearts - sounds gross, but tastes good
  5. Buffet of sides - this place has a pretty extensive spread, other places I've been to only have a regular salad bar
  6. Caipirinhas - this place had a girl in a cage mixing them up
  7. It's impossible to leave hungry unless you're a vegetarian or vegan - in that case you shouldn't have gone
  8. DELICIOUSNESS!!!!
Here are a few pictures I took of my plates:


From the top right hand corner going clockwise: king crab leg, fried banana, spinach salad with mushrooms and bacon, haricots verts, hump of the brahman bull, scalloped potatoes, and mussels that had a kick to them.


Mixing it up and starting from the top right hand corner and going counter clockwise: tortilla chips, guacamole, mango, chicken drumstick, mushroom salad, olives, spinach salad with apples and walnuts, cucumber , smoked salmon, and prosciutto.

Not pictured: garlic steak, skirt steak, filet mignon wrapped in bacon, grilled pineapple, lamb and chicken hearts. Gosh, thinking about this meal again is making me hungry any one up for Brazilian BBQ?

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment