Saturday, May 8, 2010

3rd Post - TV Thoughts for the Week

If you know me, than you know that I love tv. Mainly reality tv and sitcoms with a few dramas thrown in. So here are some thoughts on shows I watched this week (warning there maybe spoilers so proceed with caution):

Monday - Chuck on NBC
First of all, it seems like Fred Willard has been everywhere lately! Modern Family, Castle and now Chuck - how does he have the time to do it all? Must be nice to still be booking so many jobs after so many years in the "biz".

Second, I've been pleasantly surprised that the show is still pretty entertaining. I thought at with Chuck becoming a full blown spy and getting the girl that the show would just get gimmicky, but the writers have done a good job putting in plot twists and highlighting other members in the ensemble. This makes me wonder why NBC hasn't decided/announced to pick up the show for another season. I guess a lot of other fans thought the same thing as some have been organizing flash mobs in cities across the US to get the show attention. It's kind of along the line of when people sent peanuts to CBS to get them to bring back Jericho. But what really matters is ratings so tune in Mondays @8pm EST because it's sweeps!

Wednesday - Top Chef Masters on Bravo
This week wa
s wedding wars and boy was that one lucky couple. Normally the bride and groom have no-name chefs stumbling their way through the mean, but this couple got 8 highly regarded chefs to cater their wedding! I wonder if it was free...

This season I think I'll
be rooting for Susur Lee, because he's damn entertaining to watch, and Jody Adams because her restaurant Rialto is in Cambridge.



While I knew of Rialto before the show, I have never been - and I bet getting a reservation there now is going to be pretty tough. Top Chef Masters must be a marketing gold mine for these chefs because for the average person like me, I have never heard of them before. Now I'm looking at my calendar to see when I'll be heading to NYC next so I can reserve a table at Lee's Shang. Although the one time I've been to a celebrity chef's restaurant it wasn't such a great experience. We went for my dad's bday and the chef was actually there and going around talking to patrons. Sounds great right? Except he didn't come to our table - he just said hi to everyone around it. Also the food was only eh and quite expensive. Oh well, that just means we'll never go back there again.

Thursday - Survivor: Heroes vs Villains on CBS
Short and sweet: I liked Russell better last season than in this one. Last time you loved to hate him; this time you just hate him. Danielle shot herself in the foot by saying she was super close to Parvati and Jeri was smart to vote her out. I hope Sandra blindsides someone with the hidden immunity idol next week!

Sunday - The Amazing Race on CBS
Season Finale this weekend - I hope team cowboy wins!


In the beginning I really didn't like them because they just seemed blah. But throughout the show they've been nice guys and are pretty funny so I hope they end up winning. I'm glad Miss Teen SC didn't U-Turn them. Who cares if she U-turned Carol and Brandy because they were mean to her and she didn't like them? That's part of the game! Would you rather have a good competitor win, or people you don't like at all? I'm guessing End City is going to be Seattle.
It stinks the season is ending because it's one of my favorites..if only I could get my bf to apply for it with me!

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment