Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Not Your Average Sectional

Think about sectional sofas. What do you see? I'm guessing you're seeing those standard L shaped couches that sometimes recline or have secret coolers in the arms. Now feast your eyes on the Oi Sofa by these designers from the Great White North:



Pretty interesting huh? Lots more sections to move around and a lot more configuration to make. It'll even look good if you use one section as a chair - sometimes I find normal sectional couches look weird when they are not together. Granted this one doesn't recline, and I don't see a secret cooler for my fizzy beverage of choice, but look at this feature...


It fits into a box! How great is that? I've known plenty of people (well just one, and you know who you are) who has mis-measured their houses and buy a sofa that can't fit through the door or up the stairs. So they have to saw the legs off, or give it away. I really think it's a frequent occurrence - I mean if Ross from Friends can't get his couch up the stairs, it must happen to a lot of people right? It look like you'd be more likely to fit it in your car - so you won't need pay that huge delivery fee or rent a uhaul or something of the sorts.

The only think I'm questioning - is how comfy is it? It's boxy looking so I can't really tell. Has anyone had the please of seeing/sitting on one of the Oi Sofas? Also thanks to the Dieline this find!

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment