Friday, May 7, 2010

2nd Post - You're not gonna reach my telephone

With the cell phone I have now, you actually might not reach me, but that's besides the point.

I'll admit that I think Lady Gaga is pretty awesome, but I don't always like her songs to begin with. Just Dance and Poker Face were songs I liked right away. But I got hooked on Paparazzi and Bad Romance because I let the radio go for about 20minutes before I actually get out of bed and these songs were always on. They weren't offensive enough to jump up and turn off like Nickleback songs so they stuck. With her latest hit Telephone neither one of these was the case. I actually disliked the song (probably because of the Beyonce part) until I saw the video, and fell in love with the simple choreography.



Something about the dance is infectious. Probably because all you need to do is move your shoulders meaning you can do it in you car, at your desk, in the shower etc. The one thing I don't get is what the heck is this video about. They sing about a club and drinking bub, but those things are nowhere to be found in the mv. Maybe it's just for publicity and to get people talking, because it doesn't really match the lyrics at all.

Keeping on the phone and dancing theme, I wonder if Callo - a gadget that turns your cellphone into a robot - could learn the Lady Gaga dance. If he could I would totally make Telephone my ringtone so Callo could bust a move right out of the video when I got a call. Check him out in action...although the demo isn't super exciting:




He definitely breaks it down better than some people I have seen, but in terms of usefulness I don't see it as much more than a novelty. Callo might get you to notice calls more often, if you're back at keeping track of your phone, but lugging an entire robot around probably wouldn't be worth it. To each his own though.

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment