Wednesday, May 12, 2010

7th Post - Despicable

Has anyone else seen those teaser ads for Disney/Pixar's summer movie Despicable Me? It's the ones with those little pill shaped yellow dudes running around jibber-jabbering in some language that you can't understand. Then at the end they go "despicable me" and then you still have no idea what the movie is about. In case you're wondering, here's what the yellow pills guys (yells? maybe pillows?) look like...they've kinda got creepy-cute thing going on like the Rayman Rabbids:


So Disney & Pixar got me hook, line and sinker with these commercial clips and I had to go look up Despicable Me. I always fall for these marketing schemes because I hate not knowing and being left in suspense. Anyways - Apparently the storyline is about some mad and bitter scientist, voiced by Steve Carell that wants to steal the moon with the help of his minions i.e. the yellow pill dudes. However, a wrench is thrown into his plan when three orphan girls show up and want the evil scientist to be their dad.

To me it sounds like a pretty weird plot line, but then again Wall-E was about a trash compacting robot with fat people in space, and UP was about an grumpy old man, his floating house, a chubby Asian kid, and a weird bird -- and those movies ended up being damn good. Despicable Me opens July 9th in regular 2D and digital 3D, but I'll probably see it without the 3D because you pay a lot more to see only a few minutes of the special effects; and I could care less about things popping out of the screen.

I'll let you know how it is once I see it!

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment