Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Post - Breaking Ground

Hi There! Welcome to my blog about random junk! What does that mean exactly? Basically it's going to be about all the things I find cool/interesting and the adventures I go on. The short list of common topics will be:
  • Movies & TV
  • Food
  • Pop Culture
  • Music
  • Technology
So why start a blog about things tons of people already write about? Well, I reading about different SaaS companies at Startable and realized that internet marketing isn't just for companies - it's for individuals too. I'm always looking for new opportunity to grow and learn, so I started evaluating what I've been doing to market myself. The answer to that was "not much".

I have Facebook and a different blog but those are just for fun. I read a great
post by Mike Volpe about using Twitter to get a job and market yourself, but for me that was out due to the junkiness of my phone and not seeing the point of tweeting from a laptop. I finally jumped on the LinkedIn band wagon about 2 years late, but thought that wasn't enough - thus the creation of this blog. I hope this blog ends up being entertaining as wells a platform to market my personality and other non-resume characteristics. Not a very interesting first post, but you gotta start somewhere!

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment