Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reflection of Roy's in San Diego

So we had a big family dinner at Roy's in San Diego, which is one of the many Roy's Hawaiian Fusion restuarants owned by of course Roy Yamaguchi - who was on the first season of Top Chef Masters. Upon getting there we actually had to sit at 2 different tables, because apparently they could not seat more than 10 people at a table due to the fire code. So of course I end up at the "kids" table with my cousins. I used "kids" because the age range for the 7 of us goes from 6 to 30. Maybe we should have called it the grand kids table, because most of us are technically adults.

So because there were so many of us, and it was a special event, we got a special menu:



I didn't get pictures of all the food, but the dim sum appetizers came in a long canoe shaped dishes and my 2 little cousins (6&9 yrs old) pretty much devoured the platter on their side, and then ate the stuff left over from ours. I really don't know where it all goes, they must have hollow legs. Here's the food I did snap pictures of, although they are a little blurry because the flash actually made them come out worse:


Boiled Edamame with some kind of spicy salt


Butterfish - literally melted in your mouth like butter


Dessert: Chocolate ganache and toasted macadamia covered chocolate cake and truffle, coconut biscuit type thing and nut/fruit pie a la mode

It was a really great meal, I would recommend going to a Roy's if you're out west, where most of his restaurants are. I thought there was one in NYC, but I didn't see it listed on the website. Any recommendation, on where to try next?

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment