Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reality TV Roundup

I guess Wednesday night is now the day I watch reality tv - all of the other shows have ended their seasons and now we're on to summer shows.

First there's So You Think You Can Dance. So first here is the good stuff
  • AMAZING cast of dancers - well mainly the guys. It really seems like they've set it up for another male winner. The men just have more personality and were followed more during the audition process. I'm rooting for Alex Wong, who had the judges practically in tears last night after his dance
  • Back during it's normal season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE dance, but I just couldn't get into it when it was in the fall. They drag the show out so much between the actual dances that it's hard to focus on it when there's other good network shows on in the fall, like The Office or 30 Rock. In the summer I have the time to focus on the show as there is a lot less on.
  • No more shrill banshee yells as Mary Murphy is no longer a permanent judge. The hot tamale train was OK the 1st time - but not screams every time
Now the bad...
  • They're still using the giant stage. I miss the old one - you could feel the emotion of the dancers better as there was less space to fill, and I think that the camera men were better at moving around it. Last night the opening sequence was horrible! They were either zoomed too far out or too far in, or not on the dancer at all. BLECK
  • Mia Michaels is a judge now - she's a awesome choreographer, but I feel like she plays favorites a lot.
  • The most annoying host in reality tv is still around and still pronouncing judges like jidges - double BLECK!

On to the next show!! Top Chef DC! Now this might be super un-PC but there seems to be a lot more African-American chefs on this season than any other. There's four and a half on this season out of 17 contestants. The half is because one guy is half. I wonder if they did it because it's taking place in DC and we have a half African president. Maybe I just noticed it too because the people who were in the top last night were African and it just stood out more...that's all I got about this show so far except for there's an Italian (?) guy who owns an Asian restaurant...weird

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment