Saturday, June 12, 2010

Goodbye My (German?!?) Cellphone

So last week I'm getting my phone out of my pocket and yea I definitely dropped it. Now I've dropped this phone before and usually it's no big deal - but this time it hit the corner of the spiral staircase at my work at just the right angle and, well, see for yourself:




It actually still worked - just the front screen is broken. In fact the front screen didn't work anyways because the flip feature of the phone has been broken for a while. this means I couldn't:
  • Answer the phone by flipping open
  • End a call by flipping shut
  • See the time on the front screen
  • Easily change the volume of my ring tone
  • Also - very unrelated - the T9 texting feature didn't really work, it seemed to want to make words in what I assume was German due to all the umlauts, and not English (despite the language being in English),which was kind of annoying
But I can't be expected to carry around sharp plastic around. Thank goodness I still have my old cellphone (so old it doesn't have a camera in it) and I can just move the SIM card. This way I can think about what phone I want to get. You're probably thinking "do you have AT&T? get the iPhone", but I really don't want a smart phone. WHAT?!? NO SMART PHONE? Sounds kinda crazy but here's why:
  1. I won't be able to fit it in my back pocket
  2. I'd have to get some kind of protective case for it - and my charm couldn't go on it
  3. I would probably get addicted to Twitter and be like "Watching Joey eat a sandwich" , "Squirrel across the street climbing a tree" and how annoying would that be?
  4. I don't really want to pay more for the data plan - I just need to make calls and sometimes texts
  5. I'm by a computer most of the day during work - I don't need one on me at all times
But yea - any suggestions on phones that AT&T sells? I've liked flip phones in the past. Any opinions on sliders?

~emy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint.
    sell used motorola cell phones

    ReplyDelete