Monday, July 26, 2010

Char Sui Bao-tastic

Had some char sui in the fridge, so it only made sense to make some bao.
Check it out


The char sui with the extra sauce added in - YUM


Uh so my "closed satchel" isn't really closed - but I just pinched it together and it worked out - I think I have the pleats down, not it's just getting it more shut


In the oven!


Had a lot of dough and not as much char sui as I thought - so I did curried peas and potatoes too. The filling came out pretty good considering I didn't measure any of the spices out, or tasted it before hand


I kinda gave up on the closed satchel at this point and just wrapped them up so they were flat and more lumpy looking


Done char sui bao!


Yummmmm


Round and golden goodness


All the char sui bao


with the curry ones (the bigger ones) TA DA!

~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment