Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Twin's Hello Kitty Birthday Cake

Another birthday means another cake! This one with the theme of Hello Kitty because she's just so cute and Twin loves her.

I always forget to take enough pictures when I'm doing this, but here are the ones I remembered to do:

Top layer of funfetti cake carved in the shape of Hello Kitty's head


Frosted with butter cream with marshmallow fluff fondant rolled out next to it


The covered and trimmed layer - it actually got stuck to the plate, (I was holding it vertical and it wouldn't budge) so thanks to the boyfriend for getting it off with a spatula


Finished cake - the base cake is actually 2 layers of funfetti - one was dyed purple because I was thinking about attempting a checkerboard cake but didn't end up doing it. I also didn't get any picture of the cake after it was cut to see the layers :(


It didn't look as good from this angle - I think I should have tried to use the cake edge instead of cutting the cake from the center because it made it more lumpy and hard to cover on the sides


With a flash! I think it looks better because you can't tell that the left ear collapsed as much


~emy

No comments:

Post a Comment